1 package of Mochi
(Mochi is a sweet treat made from special short grain sweet rice. It is a traditional Japanese food)
1. Preheat oven to 450˚F
2. Cut the Mochi into 1 to 2 inch squares (have a parent help you).
3. Place the cut Mochi about 1 inch apart on a baking sheet.
4. Let the Mochi bake between 8 to 10 minutes or until it puffs up.
5. Carefully slice a small opening and put in your favorite mixture*
6. Let them cool a bit before you start eating. You do not want to burn your tongue!
*We like to mix apples, cinnamon and sometimes nuts to stuff the Mochi but for a special treat we stuff them with chocolate chips!