I have focused a ton on nutrition but have ( almost) completely neglected talking about skin and the large connection that skincare products have with infertility, cancer and learning disabilities. I stumbled across, Beautycounter when looking for safe yet effective mascara and after watching some videos of the owner, Gregg Renfrew, I was blown away with the lack of regulation in the personal care industry.
- The last law written in the US was in 1938 and is only a page and a half long
- the EU bans 1400 chemicals in personal care products, the US 11. Crazy.
- Beautycounter bans 1500 chemicals in all their products, works extensively with the Environmental Working Group plus lobbies in DC to demand more regulation
Must Watch Video
What we put on our skin can affect our health. Below are a few of my favorite Beautycounter products that I use, which are safer than conventional skin care product and also do the job.
- Cleansing Balm: I use this at least 4 times a week as a hydrating mask. It can also be used as facial cleanser and also acts as a perfect replacement to a soothing salve for dry skin patches.
- Hydrating Facial Oil: Every morning, I will splash my face with warm water, pat dry and then apply a few drops of this oil to my face. Before using this, my face was dry, very dry especially when leaving in LA, but now it is silky soft!
- Mascara: I just LOVE it.
- Lip sheers: They feel gentle and nourishing and give my lips a nice soft color ( although, they do have stronger colors but I’m prefer the nude colors).
- Sunscreens: Light and effective.
My teen daughters love the charcoal bar and mask, the gentle exfoliating polishing cream in the face collection ( they use the whole line) and the sunscreen facial stick.
I use the rejuvenation line.