Antoinette is a friend, with the perfect product to entice ( and excite ) your kids to brush their teeth. In fact, I think it is a great product to get anyone in your family to brush their teeth! Dental health is crucial to overall health so anyway we can improve our oral health, I am fully on board.
Below is Antoinette’s recent back to school press release and I am honored to help spread her news! Please contact her if you have any questions.
Teaching your kids good dental hygiene habits early on will not only ensure their oral health, reducing dental bills, but also their overall health! Help them get an A+ on their next dental report card by:
- Letting your child choose his or her own toothbrush as long as it’s the proper size and soft bristled, it makes for a more enthusiastic brusher! Replace a toothbrush when it’s worn, bristles splayed, or after an illness and never share a toothbrush.
- Finding a flavor of children’s toothpaste they like will be trial & error but worth it in the long run. Kids are sensitive to strong flavors and usually dislike adult toothpaste.
- Using a 2 minute tooth brushing timer, like the Twooth® Timer, will help to keep track of the time and make sure they’re brushing for the recommended two minutes.
- Packing a nutritious lunch & snack. Fresh fruit, vegetables, and cheese are great choices. Cheese, like aged Cheddar, Swiss, and Monterey Jack, is especially good for teeth because it neutralizes acids. Avoid fruit juices & sodas because they are very acidic and erode tooth enamel. Also avoid foods that are sticky or chewy because they will cling to the tooth surface, allowing the bacteria in plaque to produce more acid.
- Rinsing their mouths with a quick trip to the water fountain is almost as good as brushing after lunch!
- Using floss picks makes flossing easier for kids and come in fun flavors. Find one they like and the battle is almost won! If you can’t get your kids to floss twice a day, make sure they floss before going to bed.
- Setting a good example.
Regular dental checkups will make sure their smiles are healthy. A healthy mouth = a healthy body!
About The Twooth Timer Company
The Twooth Timer Company’s first product, Twooth® Timer, began as an idea in August 1998 during a routine dental checkup. After being told by the dentist that her children needed to brush their teeth for two minutes (instead of ten seconds!), company Founder/President & Twooth Fairy, Antoinette de Janasz designed the Twooth® Timer. Through the development and marketing of the Twooth® Timer, Antoinette has learned of the importance of dental hygiene and its role in the overall health of the body. Through their products, website, and free downloads, Antoinette hopes to share this knowledge with others and help them achieve a lifetime of healthy smiles!
About the Twooth® Timer
Twooth® Timer is a patented two-minute tooth-shaped tooth brushing timer that gets kids completely excited to brush their teeth. Simply turn the timer clockwise, start brushing, and then stop when the bell rings after two minutes. Bonus – the Twooth® Timer needs no batteries! It was introduced to the market in 1999 and that same year won a Parents’ Choice Approved Award. In 2000 the Twooth® Timer won a Dr. Toy Award and recently it won a Kidlutions Seal of Approval Award and a NAPPA Award!
Antoinette de Janasz
Latest posts by Dr. Heather Manley (see all)
- New Blog Site! - 10/19/2017
- Learn Preventative Strategies to Keep Your Brain Healthy - 09/09/2017
- Feel like you’re pretty savvy on the brain? Check this out. - 09/01/2017