The way you begin your day will most likely set the tone for your day.
How do you wake in the morning?
Grouchy? Well, you might not have a grouch-less day. Happy, well then bring on the day with joy. As many people say, you can never take back time so you might as well make it all good. I realize this can be hard. I find it hard, however, the more I see the importance of a positive upbeat attitude, the easier it is for me to be that way, especially when I use my tools, and stick with them.
This is my routine:
- Keep my phone far away from me before I fall asleep at night. why? if it is beside my bed, it will be the first thing I look at when I wake up and I get sucked into my day way too soon.
- I give myself a good 5 to 10 minutes to wake up. I stretch and say, this is going to be a fabulous day. Maybe corny, but it just might be, so why not put it out there and let the universe take control. why? I look at this as my me time, where I can be quiet, be gentle with myself, meditate, and think about my ( fabulous) day.
- Drink a glass of lemon water. why? because it cleanses, nourishes and refreshes my dehydrated body. It also wakes up my digestive system to get ready for breakfast.
- Shower with an essential oil blend. I will through a drop or 2 of a citrus blend ( wild orange and peppermint) on the floor of my shower and once the hot water hits the oil, the perfect aroma begins. why? I like a good aromatherapy mood booster and this blend gets me focused and alert.
- Breakfast. Lately, it’s toast with coconut oil, a little raw honey, cinnamon and cacao nibs. I like to switch it up but this is my new favorite.
- Now, I will grab my phone BUT the first thing I will look at is my daily affirmation. I have one sent to me every morning. If it’s a powerful one, it goes into my journal that I may pull out during the day. I then will read over Skimm ( if you don’t know about Skimm, join, it’s great).
It’s all good if I stick to this morning ritual, however, discipline is hard and with kids and commitments, things can shake up the morning. This is when breathing ( see below) comes in handy ( and essential oils) to guide me in realizing everything will be alright and to be gentle with myself.
Do you have a good morning routine to share?
Have a FABULOUS day!
Functional Nutrition for High School ( and all ) students is about to launch. Stay tuned – it is GOOD!
THE ONE-MINUTE BREATH
Breathe in for 5 seconds
Hold your breath for 5 seconds Release for 5 seconds
Hold for 5 seconds