It’s heart month. I heart you, you heart me and most importantly, heart your heart! Below are my five ways to do that …
- I’m a broken record on this one. I just can’t help it – I am so passionate about eating a variety of whole ( ie: not processed ) colorful foods. It’s not just important for your body but also for the health of our planet. Go ahead and color thy plate today and everyday!
maintain your body weight
- Yes, I do have a tendency to go up and down on the scale but it is usually just a pound or two and more likely during the holidays. When a body’s weight goes up and down at higher numbers it really puts stress on the body and the body organs. It ends up working a little harder to keep all things ( nutrients and hormones) in balance. For example, no one wants to feel the highs and lows of blood sugar levels and the body doesn’t want to be working hard to keep these in balance. Help your body out by maintaining your weight.
- Exercise makes you feel better. But it also gets the blood circulation pumping strong to bring nutrients to all parts of the body, and keeps the heart muscle toned. This is a good thing. Even if it is just an early morning stroll or afternoon job, try to do something everyday. Your heart will be happy.
- I’m not really quite sure how people can still be smoking ( or the fact that they are still legal or don’t cost $50 a pack!) but smoking is truly one of the worse things you can do to your body … in fact, the planet as well. It’s known to cause cancer, asthma, slows blood flow ( see above – not so heart healthy) and much more. I know it is addictive but make an effort, get help and find the inner strength to quit smoking.
- One, maybe two glasses a few times a week is fine. It’s all about moderation.
Be heart healthy,