I was given this simple Watermelon Gazpacho Soup recipe from a local chef ( and friend). It is so delicious, but I couldn’t always make it down to his restaurant so I begged and begged him to give me the recipe and finally he did. With permission, I am sharing because it is simple, nutritious and delicious.
Next time you are at the market, pick up some watermelons, and when anticipating a hot day, pull out the food processor and whip out this quick meal!
- 5 1/4 cups of watermelon
- 5 cups orange juice
- 1/4 evoo ( simpler way of typing extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 1/2 cups of seeded cucumbers
- 2 1/2 cups of bell pepper
- 5 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro and basil
- 2 full baguettes ( any crusty bread)
- 4 TBSP siracha ( hot sauce)
1. Chop veggies & watermelon.
2. Mix with orange juice and herbs.
3. Blend in a food processor.
4. Add baguette and salt and pepper to taste. Blend again.
Relish: If you like to add a garnish, a dollop of sour cream/plain greek yogurt with a sprinkle of basil or cilantro would add some added color and beauty!
PS As you notice, this recipe is designed for multiple eaters; therefore, adjust the amounts to how many bowls you are serving!
Pearl making gazpacho with a friend ( very old video!)
Image credit: C Squared Studios