3/4 cup of butter
1 1/2 TBSP all purpose flour ( try cornstarch for gluten free)
1/2 TSP salt
1/4 TSP of pepper ( best if you can use white pepper)
1 1/2 cups of milk ( have a little extra on hand in case you need to thin the sauce later)
2 cans tuna ( or use canned wild salmon)
a dash or two of Tabasco sauce
white rice ( brown is healthier but white tastes best with the creamed tuna sauce)
1. Melt butter on low/medium heat until liquidy.
2. Add flour/corn starch and mix until all lumps are gone.
3. Let mixture simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. SLOWLY add milk to mixture and stir until thick. If mixture gets too thick or chunky, add more milk and/or stir with a whisk.
5. Add a bit of Tabasco. Mix. Add salt and pepper and stir some more.
6. Break up the tuna chunks with a fork in a bowl then add to mixture.
7. Simmer a few more minutes. And your sauce is done!
8. Serve over steamed rice.
9. Add a few dashes of Worcester Sauce or some extra flavor!