¾ cup milk
¾ cup of flour ( whichever type you like)
1 tsp of vanilla
2 tbsp of butter
Yummies: you may want to add fruit (apples with some cinnamon) or slivered almonds at the bottom of the pan
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F
2. Place butter in a glass pan (11 inches by 7 inches) and place in the oven while the oven is heating up – you want the butter to melt but not burn.
3. In a medium size bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients – eggs, milk, and vanilla, until smooth.
4. Add flour and mix well.
5. Take glass pan out of the oven. At this time you can add your extra “yummies” – fruit or nuts to the bottom with the melted butter.
6. Pour the batter into the pan.
7. Place back in the over for 20 minutes or so (make sure you check because all ovens are different!)
8. While the oven cake is cooking, you can gently heat up some maple syrup on the stovetop.
9. Once the oven cake is lightly brown and all puffed up (like a soufflé), take it out and serve!