350 ml organic milk
60 ml cocoa powder
3 oz bittersweet chocolate
1 egg, lightly beaten
180 ml confectioner’s sugar
15 ml cornstarch
350 ml Stonyfield plain organic yogurt
5 ml pure vanilla extract
*HBD optional: 1/3 cup of a type of nut, chocolate chips, coconut flakes ( or a combo of one or 2 of them!)
1. Using a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and milk. Cook over medium high heat.
2. Whisk in lightly beaten egg, while stirring constantly.
3. Continue to cook until mixture is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
4. Stir in chocolate and cool.
5. Add vanilla, yogurt and extra goodies, if you like.
6. Follow your ice cream machine manufacturer’s instructions. ( you need this to add some fluff to the frozen treat!)
PS Click here to learn more about Stonyfield and see their other delicious recipes!