Butter lettuce ( or whichever you prefer – Merrin likes baby romaine!)
Pumpkin, sesame or sunflower seeds
Feta or parmesan cheese ( adults like blue cheese!)
*optional: Really anything that you like!
1. Grate the carrots ( have a parent help you).
2. Place all your salad topping in glass containers *
3. Wash the lettuce in a salad spinner.
4. Place salad in a large bowl, and with a big spoon and fork serve yourself some lettuce on a plate.
5. Using a spoon, sprinkle your salad with your favorite toppings.
6. Either sparingly pour some salad dressing on top of your salad or eat it as is ( Pearl and Merrin like it this way!)
*We place the glass containers in the fridge and bring them out on the table at dinner time. Everyone can create their own salad that way!