The Bottom Layer
Sticky rice (have your mom or dad make this for you)
The Middle Layer
Wild salmon, shredded chicken, beef or pork, ahi poke, crab, or squash
Really anything you can think of… maybe some refried beans?
The Top Layer
Avocado, corn, tomato, shredded lettuce or spinach
Just be creative!
Sour cream (or creme fraise as the French call it!), cilantro, basil, parsley
1. You will need your cylinder mold. You can either purchase one at a local store or make one by cutting the ends out of your favorite can shape.
2. Put the sticky rice down first. Pat it gently with your fingers (you want to get rid of any air).
3. Next comes the middle layer. Pat down gently.
4. Then the top layer. Pat down gently.
5. Carefully lift the mold away from the layers.
6. Voila! Add an extra touch with a lovely and tasty garnish of choice!
Be creative and think about how you want it to look – color wise.
Tell us what you choices you made for yours and even take a picture and send it to us! We would love to see it!